Welcome to Dartmoor House Bed & Breakfast
Dartmoor House is a comfortable and welcoming Bed & Breakfast, situated in the picturesque village of Belstone, set within Dartmoor National Park. With views overlooking the village green, we are ideally located in the centre of the village, with ‘door to moor’ walking and cycling.
We offer four large light and airy rooms comprising two doubles with en suite showers, one twin room with private use of separate bathroom and one single room with private use of separate bathroom. Our twin/single rooms are not sold together unless requested and make an ideal option for groups of 3-4 people who do not mind sharing a bathroom. All rooms have:
- Free Wifi
- Cotton towels
- Anti-allergen duvets/pillows
- Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Organic or Fair-trade tea & coffees and biscuits•
Breakfast is served in our large bay fronted room overlooking the village green where the famous wild Dartmoor ponies can often be found grazing. Food is freshly prepared daily using locally sourced produce where possible. Please inform us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking especially if you have a nut allergy. Sandwiches can be freshly prepared upon request and are provided in recyclable packaging. We hold a 5* Hygiene Rating from The Food Standards Agency.
Belstone is a pretty little moorland village located only a mile from the A30. It is approximately two miles from Okehampton, making it an excellent base from which to tour Devon and an ideal stop over for walking from Land’s End to John O’Groats (LEJOG). Within Belstone we have a pub, a church, a village hall, a tearoom and even our own ancient stocks on the village green.
The idyllic Belstone is a perfect location for:
- Walking, to suit all abilities
- The National Cycle Network
- Accessing the famous Tarka Trail
- The Granite Way – starting from Okehampton Station
- Fishing in parts of the East and West Dart Rivers and reservoirs
- Photography – stunning surrounding countryside offers an abundance of wildlife and beautiful scenery
- The annual Ten Tors Challenge
- The Folk Festival in South Zeal – held every August
- Viewing beautiful night skies
- Open all year round
- Strictly non-smoking residence
- Regrettably, we cannot accommodate dogs/pets or children under 12 years of age
- Lockable storage for cycles/fishing gear
- Check out our guest reviews on Tripadvisor
For an ideal present we also offer gift vouchers which can be used within 12 months of purchase (subject to available dates). For further details please contact us.